guiltlessreader

guiltlessreader

Something Rotten: A Thursday Next Novel - Jasper Fforde Thursday Next, what's next?

It's hard not to like Thursday Next, the so-accessible heroine of Fforde's alternate reality and alternate-book-reality. This is the fourth book in the series and I am yet to tire of her misadvertures. It's funny, imaginative reading, and you'll want to read more!

The series made my Best of 2009! Thanks to my Bookmooch friends, I got wind of this author and have not turned back since! I have enjoyed the Thursday Next series so much! I've read: The Eyre Affair, Lost in a Good Book, The Well of Lost Plots and Something Rotten so far. To complete series, I need to read Thursday Next: First Among Sequels and a still untitled book 6. The whole premise of this series is innovative and imaginative, being based on a parallel yet futuristic universe which revolves around books and words. There is a very thin line between what constitutes reality and literature, as the characters tromp in and out at will, but not without consequences, of course. A true book lover's delight, there are many references and witticisms to many other books and characters, many of them classics (which strengthened my resolve to get some classics into my reading list).